Thursday, June 11, 2009

Good day ladies and gents. I know, I said I would be back to submit an article, but I didn't last night. I went to go exercise for over an hour, went back to my room, and dropped to my bed; I was exhausted. So I back to submit a report. I read the article "A Painter's Eye Movements: A Study of Eye and Hand Movements during Portrait Drawing." I can say one thing, I do not read much but this article was really interesting, especially since I like to draw every now and then. This article basically analyzed a skilled artists' eye to hand coordination which was later compared to a novice's skills. In the article, an eye- and hand-tracking device was attached to his head and hand, respectively. This allowed to collect data to see the correlation between the two when the artist drew a model of person's head. The artist had rapid fixations most of the time, and then had a little longer fixation on complex visual data, which both corresponded with smooth movements. The novices were the opposite. Uhhhh....is it significant to my research....to a certain extent. I definitely know that I to sketch in "3D" that the user must be looking at what the user is drawing, as in this experiment where the artist had to focus on the spacial arrangement when drawing. Anyway, here is the question of the day?

God created everything in the universe, then by logic, He created evil too, or did He?

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with the premise of the question.
    It assumes that god is male (which he may be).
    It assumes there is a god (which there may be).
    It assumes there is a universe (which there may in fact be).
    It assumes that the world operates by logic.
    It assumes there is such thing as good.
    It assumes there is such thing as evil.
    It assumes that good is 'created'.
    It assumes that good is the opposite of evil.
    It assumes that something that created everything must also have created the negation of something.
    It assumes that the negation of something must exist. (What if we think of good as not evil, and evil as not good. Then it could be like water and not-water, and we would be asking the question, well if god created water, then did he create not water as well?)

    Which maybe leads us to a quote from the recent book we read: "GUIL: No, no, no... Death is... not. Death isn't. You take my meaning.
    Death is the ultimate negative. Not-being. You can't not-be on a boat. ROS: I've frequently not been on boats."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't think of it like that, very good point.

    ReplyDelete